ICT Business Analysts are responsible for understanding the needs business process, business change and technology solutions. They study and analysis the business information requirements and use this data to bridge the gap between IT system and the business and to improve the processes, deliver data-driven solutions that help to achieve business goals and maximize profit.
To perform their duties, ICT Business Analysts collaborate with clients, users, stakeholders carry out research and analysis to gain full knowledge of business processes, to formulate system requirements, review and evaluate existing systems, to develop system plans and documenting business requirements, to determine best practices and design an optimise business processes to meet users’ business needs. They are a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the decision-making process. They also maintain accurate record and documentation of useful information for reference purposes.
Table of Contents
Responsibilities and Duties
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics. The role of this position typically consists of the tasks, duties, and responsibilities shown in the example below:
- Working with users, stakeholder to gather business requirements.
- Identifying issues, risks, benefits of existing and proposed solutions and outlining business impacts.
- Carry out analysis data such as budgets, sales results, and forecasts.
- Conduct research to identify ways to improve systems performance and efficiency.
- Estimating costs and identifying business savings.
- Define configuration specifications and business technological requirements.
- Creating functional specifications for solutions.
- Develop and implement best practices and processes for improved solutions.
- Liaise with clients to providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision making process.
- Run system tests to monitor performance and ensure optimum quality.
- Creating training documentation for users and conducting formal training classes.
- Maintain accurate records of relevant technical and business information.
- Communicate with clients to obtain feedback and assist with the resolving of issues.
- Oversee the budget preparation and planning of resources for a project.
- Monitor systems development processes to ensure successful project completion.
Qualifications Required for ICT Business Analyst
To become an ICT Business Analyst, you require a bachelor’s degree refer to the list shown below. Experience in business, systems analysis, and quality assurance is an advantage for the position.
- Information Technology (IT)
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Electrical and Communications
- Electrical Engineering
- Business Administration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
ICT Business Analyst position requires both hard skills and soft skills. Here are major requirements you may need to satisfy to be considered by most employers for the role:
- Knowledge of business structure
- Business Processes
- Data Analysis/Review.
- Functional Requirements
- Process Modeling
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Facilitation and Stakeholder Management skills
How much does ICT Business Analyst earn in Australia?
According to the Glassdoor report, the national average salary for a IT Business Analyst is $93,179 in Australia as on 24th Jan 2021.
The information provided in this post will help individuals interested in working as an ICT Business Analyst and employment prospects can change over time and vary by county and region. We do not provide professional career advice, whilst we aim to provide information that is accurate and up to date of the ICT Business Analyst role and so you be better prepared for it. Please use your skills and judgements and seek professional career advice suited to your circumstances.
Did you find information in this post useful in understand about what ICT Business Analyst do? Please leave your thought about this article in the box below.
Content edited by Silk Media Web Services